Senior scientist and pharmacologist in neurodegeneration and inflammation
04.03.2015 Probiodrug AG, a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutic solutions to treat Alzheimer’s disease (AD), is pursuing innovative concepts for the treatment of Amyloidosis related- and Inflammatory diseases with Small Molecules and Monoclonal Ab in its pipeline. We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist for the neurological and immunological programs.
As a Senior Scientist, you will have the passion and aptitude to drive innovation, working in a highly virtual setting. You will have practical research experience in neurological science including behavioural pharmacology. You should have gained experience in target validation as well characterizing candidates to get preclinical proof of concept, including identification and assessment of biomarkers. Key to this will be your in-depth knowledge of the main steps needed and your ability to identify and work with suitable external partners. You will use your scientific knowledge and insight to evaluate strategic decisions regarding program Milestones from target to candidate nomination and IND profiling.
In this position you will also work closely with colleagues from other disciplines on the projects (ranging from pharmacokinetics to toxicology), so the ability to build strong relations with collaborators and clients (internal and external) is key. The successful candidate will be a strong supporter of integrating the latest science and technology to optimally drive the programs to key milestones. In return we offer a fascinating variety of work at the cutting edge of science, plus a salary commensurate with relevant experience. As a mostly virtually acting company, we are open regarding your future location.
This is a permanent role, with opportunities for progression.
- PhD in Biology or a related field and at least 5 (3) years relevant experience in neuro-science and pharmacology
- Comprehensive knowledge of Amyloidosis with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s disease and inflammatory diseases
- Wide ranging experience of establishing a network of partners and collaborators to competitively lead the program from target validation to translational research
- Excellent understanding of translational science and the prerequisites needed to enter clinical trials
- Good scientific track record supported by publications and presentations where possible
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capability to present data either in oral or in respective scientific journals
- A high degree of fluency in English
Please send all correspondence via e-mail under “pharmacologist neuroscience” to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org://www.transkript.de/service/stellenmarkt/senior-project-leader-antibody-program.html